Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy for improving oral health. When performed regularly oil pulling has also been said to improve digestion and skin health which many of you complain about.
Since oil pulling can help reduce the amount of toxins and bacteria that make their way to your GI tract, it may also promote clearer skin when done regularly, for longer periods of time. Virgin Coconut oil is the best oil you can use for oil pulling because of its powerful antibacterial properties. It also helps in making your skin glow. If you don’t believe me start following it and see the results.
There is one extremely important precaution to take with oil pulling: do not swallow the oil you swish with.
Now with me you also change your lifestyle. How you have to change I will tell you –
- As soon as you wake up -First thing in the morning, before eating or drinking, take 1-2 teaspoons of oil and begin swishing it in your mouth. Do this before you brush your teeth or have a glass of water.
- I normally swish for 10 minutes but Longer is typically considered better, but do what works best with your schedule. You should try and swish for 15-20 minutes. But don’t force yourself. If you can’t swish for longer time, discard your oil in a dustbin and slowly increase your time duration. Personally, I like to oil pull while I’m getting ready in the morning for my yoga sessions.
- Once your 15-20 minutes is up, discard your oil in the garbage. Don’t swallow or spit it into the sink as it’s not good for the body.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Brush and floss as normal. Repeat each day, or at least 4-5 days per week, for best results.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERY PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ON MY BLOG